Electric Fuse Box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Can anyone tell me how it costs, approximately, to replace an electric fuse box from the one that you have to replace the wires in to the type where no wiring needs to be replaced when lights or other items fuse :?:

Jan:cool:

Sponsored Links
How long is a piece of string?

How many circuits will it be serving?

In what condition is the existing installation?

More info needed really.

But for example, I changed a consumer unit the other week, I quoted £360 but on checking the existing installation i found all kinds of issue, mostly rodent damage.
This meant floor boards up, and a partial rewire, total cost £900

so unfortunately for you it really is a case of how long is a piece of string!!

Best to contact some local Part P registered sparks and ask for written quotes.

janainslie - if your location is true and you are in Edinburgh - Part P does not apply in Scotland so best to contact an electrical company registered with SELECT or NICEIC.

Sponsored Links
Can anyone tell me how it costs, approximately, to replace an electric fuse box from the one that you have to replace the wires in to the type where no wiring needs to be replaced when lights or other items fuse
About as much as a weekend away for two.

I think you mean mcb's (minature circuit breakers), the replacement will have to comply with the 17th edition regs.

Best to contact some local Part P registered sparks and ask for written quotes.

Part P is for England and Wales and Scottish electricians can still rewire their own home where as English electricians with there have to pay someone else to carry out the work.....

True - but then only a [removed] would lie about their location.

Please keep it civil
Moderator 9.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back