Electric heating options?!??!??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help please!!!!

I'm looking for an energy efficient way to heat our insulated conservatory, it has an internal roof insulation and only two glazed sides. I've calculated it needs 6000 btu's for the whole room and the current radiator covers this, although as I want to use this room when the central heating is off I need another option.

Electric heating seems to be the best option as the location of the boiler etc would be a nightmare to go for dual heating supply.

I'm looking for something thermostat controlled and wall mountable but when I start to surf looking for it my mind boggles with all the options!!

Any help please???

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Is that like an air con unit? Think they are a little out of my price range plus the installation wouldn't be as simple.

Thanks though!

Sponsored Links
Just trawled it up on google as an example. Know nothing about them.

The OP asked for a system that runs on electric. "Windy" runs on electric.

Have I done something wrong?

2kW fan heater with built in thermostat
Cheap as chips and will outlive the energy Vs cost recovery time of any fancy system

Just trawled it up on google as an example. Know nothing about them.
Obviously.
Have I done something wrong?
Did you do anything right is the better question?

Have installed thousands of split units right. :mrgreen:
Could do it blind folded.
In fact I've brazed copper pipework competently blindfolded with oxy/acety just to prove a point.

Do you know the company or not?
Is it a duff company because it doesn't come up on "whois"?

How about an air to air heat pump... Heat in the winter cooling in the summer..
What is your best price on one of them units, to heat a single room? :LOL:

From memory I think that I pay about £500 for a Fujitsu 5.2kW high wall minisplit but I only buy them now and then... would get a better discount If I bought more. Price on fitting depends on where and how far the outdoor unit will be away from the indoor unit...I have fitted them 30 meters away before now

How about one of these.....
http://www.airconwarehouse.com/acatalog/WINDY_3HP_Sales_Brochure.PDF

Console heat pump for less £500. Heating and cooling and no outdoor unit.
Just a 150mm hole needed through the wall.

You've obviously not lived in a property fitted with these monoblock lumps of junk......Do they come with a free set of ear defenders?

That's what I thought and suspected.
Though I think my oil boiler runs above 45 decibels. I never hear it going.

In fact I've brazed copper pipework competently blindfolded with oxy/acety just to prove a point.
Oxygen Acetylene stuff is availability to the general public, not really a big deal. What you are saying is, you heated up some solder and then melted that said solder. :LOL: Nice one buddy, great personal achievement for you.
Do you know the company or not?
Is it a duff company because it doesn't come up on "whois"?
Is it a duff company?? I run my own companies, how is he legal trade in UK?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back