Electric hob Extractor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What is the minimum (legal) height from an electrical induction hob to the extractor?[/u]

Sponsored Links
Minimums (or is it minima) are 400mm from hob to bottom of wall cabinets (eg on either side of hob) and 700mm from hob to bottom of extractor.

This is for electric hob. Gas is different.

I agree with the above post. follow the MIs.

IMO it is best to have it at a height that you will not bang with your head when you are cooking. This may be higher than the minimum stipulated.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for guiding me to the manual!

Hob manual says 500mm to extractor. I would like to use a built in extractor at the bottom of my cabinet which will than be 510mm above the hob.

Sound OK?

Yes but I would advise you to also look in the hood instructions.

These may say something else. If you haven't bought one yet get one which suits what you want.

Manufacturer's Instructions overrule other regulations and recommendations.

800 to work surface plus 510 to extractor

so extractor will be at 1310

ideal for bashing your face on it

how tall are you?

won't you want to be able to look down on the hob while cooking?

Hob manual says 500mm to extractor. I would like to use a built in extractor at the bottom of my cabinet which will than be 510mm above the hob.

Sound OK?

Sounds very low to me. As others have said MIs take precedence over other standards / regs so check out the MIs for the extractor you want. BUT I seem to recall a min distance between hob and extractor of 650mm for elec and 750mm for gas and this was an accepted "standard" - can't remember where though so could be wrong :LOL: .

Thanks for all the useful replies!

The cupboard depth is only 35.5cm while the worktop depth is 63cm. This means the extractor does not stick out further than 35.5cm as it is sitting inside the bottom of the cupboard so not risk of me banging my head against exactly :D !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back