electric hot air ducted central heating system.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ENVI WARM AIR CENTRAL HEATING WARM AIR SYSTEM DUCTED.

Our electric storage heater has simply died on us. We are trying to get an electrician to see if it is an electrical fault as it is simply not charging up the storage heater.

The system is roughly forty years old and has not sufficient vents or radiator grills to heat the house especially in this present very cold weather.

Searching the internet the options for replacement for our central heating (we have an all electric home - no gas supply)

A new Warm Air Heater (Johnson & Starley?) perhaps with incorporated hot water heater. We have a large cupboard which houses the present storage heater. Perhaps we need additional panel heaters to extend the existing ducting to rooms at present not heated.

Alternatively......

Electric Panel Heaters (duo heat?) from a supply like NPower to replace the existing system.

Can anybody advise me the best way forward and cost. We are penshioners and obviously cannot afford a great deal. But the need is now urgent.

grbasf[/b]

Sponsored Links
As far as I am aware J & S only supply gas warm air units.

If you are pensioners and on certain benefits then Warmfront will fit new heating for you totally free in some cases.

Tony

I agree with Tony,as you are you pensioners , think you need to go online and find out if you qualify for warmfront gran t

If they do offer it to you please make sure you dont pick the Ideal boiler,anything but that ,good luck

here is link to warm front :D :D

http://www.warmfront.co.uk/

No, unfortunately we are not eligible for a Warm Front Grant as we are not in receipt of benefits--- one of the problems of being superannuated when working!!

Any other ideas that get get us fixed urgently - it's cold!! What are the options when replacing our electrically fired ENVI Warm System?

GRBASF

Sponsored Links
You can get a grant ( £300 ) when changing from electric to a fossil fuel.

LPG or oil come to mind but thats going to be £4k - £8k.

Some will suggest air to air heat pumps but these are usually an even more expensive option.

Tony

Have you tried contacting the council?

They often have grants and help available to certain people.

I've recently worked on a scheme in London (Warmzone) that had a much lower criteria than Warmfront.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back