ENVI WARM ELECTRICLLY POWERED DUCTED AIR CENTRAL HEATING

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:47 pm Post Subject: ENVI WARM ELECTRICALLY POWERED DUCTED AIR STORAGE SYSTEM

We have an ENVI WARM Ducted Air Storage System fitted in a new build 3 bedroom semi detached approx.1969.

We have an electrician trying to find a CONTACTOR?( A switching mechanism about 4"square) which powers up the elements in the large storage heater fitted in a cupboard It sits at the bottom of the unit L.H side and has a "Danfoss" Branding and serial nos.and voltage etc., We hope that is the fault as the storage heater is not heating up and we are without Central Heating. And you know how cold it is!!

We are pensioners, and do not qualify for Warm Front Grants and need some help.

Can ANYONE assist to identify this part in case the electrican cannot source it?

GRBASF

Sponsored Links
it's a bog standard contactor by the sounds of it.. readily available anywhere, doesn't have to be danfoss.. any make will do as long as it fits.. ( and that the coil is of the right voltage.. the sparky will know.. )

Re my previous posting.

Apparently, the contactor is working having been bench tested by the Electrician.

Now however, the fault seems to lie with a Maclare Thermostat Type MO 20 amp 250v Brit Pat No. 615467.

As the storage heater is over 40 years old the electrician seems to think it will be very difficult to source the above part.

Does anyone know where we can get this part, any help would be appreciated as we have been without central heating for over a week now, in the midst of this very cold weather.

grbasf

Sponsored Links
The thermostat in question is situated near the storage heater fan near the conductor - it is not a room thermostat but seems to be part of a circuit charging the elements of the storage heater.

I cannot send a photo as the electrician has taken away the part.

I have however traced a firm Maclaren Products in Glasgow which looks promising I have passed info. on to the electrician.

Still freezing!

grbasf

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back