Electric ignition on Neff gas hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Despite thorough cleaning, the "spark" on the Neff gas hob (Type 21) continues to operate even after the burners have lit. Installed over 4 years ago, and perfectly OK up to now. Is there anything I can do to stop this annoying problem, please?

Sponsored Links
pipme said:
Could be damp getting past the rubber boot covering the igniter button due to a split or hole.
Had similar problem .... Dried out the unit by warming throughly, if the igniter problem is cleared then 90% sure it is due to water ingress.
If this does not do the 'trick' then you will need a more knowledgable answer.

I do have a 'natty' method of covering the 'button', to replace a damaged boot thus sealing out damp. The cap from a Steradent, denture cleaning, tablet, container tube .. this is flexible and sllows the button to be pressed with ease
NeffIgnition.jpg

I used 'jell' type 'Evo-stick' applied to the peripheral edge of the 'cap', having cleaned / degreased, both hob face and cap location edge with Methalayted spirit......
I guess the correct rubber boot or button cover would be best, but can you fit it without partially dismantling the hob ?
Best of luck !! ;)
P
Pip you could have covered the name on the tube what a dead giveaway! Now you'll never convince the young females on here that you are a virile young man ;) :LOL:

Sponsored Links
We have "Steradent"* here, and none of us (or our neighbours AFAIK) have false teeth.

It can be a useful cleaning material for glassware, decanters, vases etc. Bit of warm water, pop in a couple of tabs, leave overnight.

*Supermarket own brand equivalent, actually.

kendor said:
Pip you could have covered the name on the tube what a dead giveaway! Now you'll never convince the young females on here that you are a virile young man ;) :LOL:
Try this one, Pip:

NeffIgnition1.JPG

ban-all-sheds said:
We have "Steradent"* here, and none of us (or our neighbours AFAIK) have false teeth.

It can be a useful cleaning material for glassware, decanters, vases etc. Bit of warm water, pop in a couple of tabs, leave overnight.

*Supermarket own brand equivalent, actually.
Next thing you'll be telling me that K-Y is good for lubricating locks ;) only kidding!

Many thanks to the one relevant reply (of the 9 submissions!).
Will try and advise result.

GlenGill said:
Many thanks to the one relevant reply (of the 9 submissions!).
Will try and advise result.
:oops: smacked wrists time :)

Total efficiency -- no time to stop and pass the time -- just no time, today, my terms or no terms !! Goodbye to all that, lovin' it !! ;)

Despite earlier helpful and other responses, problem still exists. The illustration does not appear to be same as my Neff hob which is black/silver.
Help still hoped for, please!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back