Electric ignition on Neff gas hob

Is the sealing boot or whatever around the igniter button broken, split ?
water ingress will cause almost constant firing.
Is it occuring all of the time ? or just when burners on ?
P

Sponsored Links
Apologies for delay in responding.
I probably shouldn't be on this site, as I am only a domestic user (not an electrician), so do not fully understand your reference to the sealing boot around the igniter.
There are just four black knobs, which, when pressed in and turned (gas starts to flow)make a spark. Previously this stopped sparking as soon as gas lit, but now all four just continue to spark, even after turning the knob off.
We need to turn each on on and off several dozen times before it eventually stops.
I have prised off the top of each and there are (perfectly sound) rubber seals around each, but cannot see what the igniter is.
Completely unable to contact Neff's helpline, which is permanently busy, so you are our last hope!

Sorry, thought you had the seperate igniter push button as in my pix ... It is difficult to know what is being spoken of at times -- a pix is good.
Have no idea with regard to gas control having igniter function.
Not much help but can you unplug the igniter supply ? Thus stopping the sparking.
Again my hob has a separate electrical supply by three pin plug and socket for this.
Can only reiterate that water ingress with my separate igniter button caused unwanted sparking .. rubber boot - as in a cover for a button or mechanism protecting from unwanted ingress - dust - water - grease etc.
P

Unfortunately, the electric supply to the igniter is a single cable which is linked to the power to the oven, with the clock and other controls.
Will try to get a picture to post here.
Thanks for interest.

Sponsored Links
I reckon you need professional help ... electrics, cooking appliances and people could be a deadly mix ....
Given your description a pix will not now help me .. may help someone who really knows about these things .... My knowledge ended at the simple level, the outer user interface ...
P

in view of the above, i would suggest you contact neff not an electricain or corgi engineer.

Despite more than 40 attempts over the past week, I have not managed to get through to Neff's telephone number.
Have finally resorted to dear old "snail mail", with a stamp on an envelope!.

Wow! By return of post, a detailed reply from Neff's Technical dept. They say that the fault sounds as though it is:
"caused by the drive unit, which runs across the gas taps, just below the work surface which is sticking. To cure fault it is necessary to for the drive unit to be repaired or replaced......not allowed to advise members of public how to repair appliances. There is a spare parts list at www.bshappliancecare.com and a phone number 08705 543210"
Could not ask for better service and congratulate Neff on a remarkable effort.

Ok if you have the appliance number......... ? Otherwise have to strip appliance down just to find that elusive ID plate ...

If you have the operating book(let), thoughtful installers may have written or labelled it with the appliance number or E-Number.

WD40 may be worth a try if tis but a seizure of parts. :idea:

;)

Fortunately had relevant number and so was able to download two detailed exploded views of the hob, together with a priced list of part numbers.
very helpful indeed, but think I will take your advice and get a qualified fitter to do it for me!
Thanks again for support on this site.

One of the burners wont light as the electrode seems to have worn down - its quite old. the others work very well. :(
Where can I get a spare and is it easy to fit?
Any help much appreciated. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back