Electric Inset Fireplace with Thermostat

Sponsored Links
Please note that if you ignore the MI and your office burns down then your insurance (if you have it) won't cover you.

I work pretty hard and don't need distractions.

I know that sounds ridiculous.

Yep, totally.

If it is for your office and business then surely it is worth doing it properly and get a qualified and competent person to install the fire, at least the cost can be offset against tax etc.

If you forget to turn it off at night after your hectic and demanding work you will end up, at least, with a sizeable electric bill and, at worse, a black hole where your office was and all the chaos that entails when you cannot run your business.

No its just the study at home. I wouldn't dream of doing this on a commercial property with staff I were responsible for.

Sponsored Links
Hope this doesn't come across as rude, but do you have family or neighbours as you would be putting them at risk in the same way as you would for staff. The MI specifically say do not do this and that should be followed.

HTH and saves you from a dangerous situation.

Thank's for your concerns. We have a detached house in the countryside with no near neighbours and no kids. The only reason the MI says that is incase someone covers it and it comes on. It would always be switched off at the unit and wall when not in use. We do have a dog though. Hopefully she won't turn it on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back