Electric Meter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning All,

Wonder if any of you nice people can help me. Moved into another house this week, and the Electric Meter is different to my old house. It has two readings, R4 and R1, on the plate it says R1=N and R4=L It is made by Ampy and is Type 5246C

What reading do I need to give to the supplier? I am guessing it is R1

Cheers,
Will

Sponsored Links
Double check with the supplier what is needed.
Seem to recall nightmares about wrong readings being sent and massive bills ensuing. It was on Watchdog.

Cheers,

Seems old owners were with BG I filled in a uswitch last night, and they said they will contact me when they need readings.

Bills are plenty big enough without hassle, lol.

Cheers
Will

Tell me about it.

B G here for gas, just changed plan to 4% below base rate. But you pay each month. So far so good, seen a saving in month 2 already, (14 and 16 yr old sons agggggggg).
Still not hit and cajoled them enough to understand a shower takes 4 mins not 30. Might as well run a kin bath :cry: ( joke about hitting obviously, b4 the internet cops have a go :D)

Eon for lekky.

Hate doing those dual fuel thingys, too much influence from one company in my book.

Sponsored Links
Still not hit and cajoled them enough to understand a shower takes 4 mins not 30.
Another person who would be a taker for the sort of shower system I "enjoyed" once in France.

The heating function is timed.

You can have as long as you like in the shower, but only the first x minutes has hot water. :evil:

BTW - 14 and 16.

You do realise that they aren't just showering in there. Maybe a dose of cold would be good anyway.... :LOL:

BTW - 14 and 16.

You do realise that they aren't just showering in there. Maybe a dose of cold would be good anyway.... icon_lol.gif

PMSL, the thought had occured!
Ex wifi`s shower is a mixer tap. Think they are trying out my multi shower head................... :eek:

As long as they clean up,what is the harm :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back