electric oven keeps shorting out any ideas please?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone!
could anybody help a mum in severe distress? i have a problem which i think has occured with the electrics on my oven. when it is switched on at the mains, after a amount of time it shorts out but does'nt trip at the big main box, the display goes off on the cooker. does this mean its the control panel on the oven or something else? please help!

Thank you in advance
Linzi.

Sponsored Links
If it's only the display that goes off, then she probably has a dicky panel. If the mains doesn't trip then that is really all it can be. If as stated it"shorts out" then the mains should trip. basically she needs a service engineer.

Sponsored Links
I believe you have an expression in english: 'Who is she? The mother of the cat?' It has something to do with not addressing present females in the third person, if I have understood correct.

I assume that Linzi means 'cuts out' rather than 'shorts out'.

Linzi: As 333rocky333 says, more detailed information would be helpful. But wingcoax is probably right, you need a service engineer, even if he too shy to address you directly. :D

I believe you have an expression in english: 'Who is she? The mother of the cat?' It has something to do with not addressing present females in the third person, if I have understood correct.

I misread it and thought it was Linzi's mums cooker for some reason :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back