Electric oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've bought an electric hob and oven from B&Q which I need to wire in. Having read the posts on this site I'm going to use 6mm twin and earth to wire in the hob from the cooker point and then use 2.5mm 3 core butyl insulated cable to take a feed from the hob to the oven. Is this the correct way to wire it? Also, the metal casing on the oven has a earth symbol stamped on the casing with a hole next to it. Does this mean I have to run connect the casing to earth as well as connecting the connection terminal to earth? Comments would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Not really safe. If you are daisy chaining equipment you should use the same cable throughout unless separately fused.
Therefore I would use 6mm throughout unless you are going to have a switched fuse outlet for oven.
Earth oven and hob exposed metalwork to earth for your protection in case of fault. However open up back of them and see if as expected earth connection already earths metalwork.

[Edited by Hamiltonandy on 06-11-2002 at 22:23 PM GMT]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back