electric oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

weve always had a an all gas cooker, just recently my missus has bought an range cooker...gas hob, electric oven.....trouble is where do i plug in the electric oven ?...i cant plug into one of the double wall sockets that are installed around our kitchen because ill probably overload the circuit...
can i run a thicker cable off one of these double wall sockets into a cooker control socket ?....or do i need to create a seperate ring just for the cooker ?...trouble is the kitchen has just been replasterd and dont want to dig into the wall...obviously im gonna get some advice and ideas from a sparky but thought id ask first...thanks

Sponsored Links
I'm not a sparky but you'll need the rating of the oven to decide, from memory if its below 3.2kw then you can plug it in but its unlikely a range will be below this - its more likely ot be somewhere around the 5kw mark. if so then you'll need to run 6mm cable from the consumer unit on a 40amp fuse. all this will need certification under part-p

i dont know the rating but the model is delonghi DFS905...cant find the power rating and havnt got the manual...can anyone help ?

I have used my delongi range cooker, gas hob/electric oven/grill for over 5 years . Just plugged the electric oven into a 13 amp socket. No problems except for the delongi oven.

Have now changed cooker for a Range Master what a difference!!!. The delongi needed 2 new oven control switches in 5 years, the guy in the shop says he sells a lot of these switches due to the oven not having enough insulation and cooking the switch along with the roast beef.

If its not too late change the cooker or the wife, whichever is the easiest. :evil:

Sponsored Links
ivanhoe said:
I have used my delongi range cooker, gas hob/electric oven/grill for over 5 years . Just plugged the electric oven into a 13 amp socket. No problems except for the delongi oven.

Have now changed cooker for a Range Master what a difference!!!. The delongi needed 2 new oven control switches in 5 years, the guy in the shop says he sells a lot of these switches due to the oven not having enough insulation and cooking the switch along with the roast beef.

If its not too late change the cooker or the wife, whichever is the easiest. :evil:
cant change the cooker...as for the wife, i need her to cook on the cooker..lol, cant do without either of them.....anyway., did you connect the new rangemaster straight into a 13 amp socket ?...

You need the rating!!!!!!

FInd the silver sticker or plate (sometimes on the rear or inside the oven door) with the Watts rating on it. Or go on the net & find some instructions for it. Or ring the manufacturer. You can't work out the supply needed until this is ascertained.

securespark said:
You need the rating!!!!!!

FInd the silver sticker or plate (sometimes on the rear or inside the oven door) with the Watts rating on it. Or go on the net & find some instructions for it. Or ring the manufacturer. You can't work out the supply needed until this is ascertained.
ok....looked everywhere on the cooker..no rating plate..but i saw this on ebay..is this the toatal rating of the oven or what ?..see image..can i take feed from a double wall socket using 2.5mm twin and earth cable..to a 13 amp switched fuse spur ??? or not.

spec1.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back