DENCON accessories LTD
Asta approved
1745NB

having studied your answers chaps...is this switch a switch or an isolator

my son wants to leave it on all the time

thanks
geof

Sponsored Links
'Isolator' means approved as safe enough for switching off while working on the circuit.

It matters not to everyday usage.

Table 53.2 in BS7671 gives all the BS EN numbers and which can be used for 1) Isolation 2) Emergency Switching and 3) Functional Switching what you are asking is which ones can be used for Functional Switching. Non of the switches listed say "No" they all say "Yes" for functional switching. So in theroy you can use any
BS 3676: Pt 1 1989
BS EN 60669-1
BS EN 60669-2-1
BS EN 60669-2-2
BS EN 60669-2-3
BS EN 60669-2-4
BS EN 60947-3
BS EN 60947-5-1
All say OK for functional switching. Personally I would not switch off after every use, I would use the shower controls, but there is no good reason for that, just personal preference.

thanks again
Darren is ok with that..my son..and thanks you too
he doesnt want to pay out again for getting the switch replaced if it burnt out

ps he lives in manchester and i am in hayle cornwall...:D
so i cant do the job for him..
cheers from us both
geof

Sponsored Links
i am in hayle cornwall...:D
IMG_0416_2.jpg

IMG_0419_2.jpg

In the context of a domestic electric shower, the term Isolator and DP Switch are used interchangeably to mean the same thing, You could also say that the switch acts as a Disconnector too. This can even sound funny at times when the manufacturer's instructions state their shower must be permanently connected to the mains, (or until the related Disconnector device is moved to the Open position, with both Phase and Neutral left Open-Circuit!!:D:D:D:D)

thats a couple of nice shots
is it the lake district?
reminds me a bit of ambleside
No - it's me getting my Cornish holidays mixed up. I have been to Hayle. But those are photos of Wadebridge.

Where's that nurse?

thats a couple of nice shots
is it the lake district?
reminds me a bit of ambleside
No - it's me getting my Cornish holidays mixed up. I have been to Hayle. But those are photos of Wadebridge.

Where's that nurse?

Where's that medication.. :D...I have been to wadebridge when i visited a national trust property in that area...could have been lanhydroc...

were you at the show in wadebridge...its a jam when its on

cheers
geof

No, just a hol.

When we went to Hayle it was for a "show" - the eclipse. So we stood in the garden while a heavily overcast sky went a bit darker and then got light again. :cry:

There was one *"&$*")%_#@~ of a jam on the journey home the weekend after - nightmare tailback on the A30 around Indian Queens.

No, just a hol.

When we went to Hayle it was for a "show" - the eclipse. So we stood in the garden while a heavily overcast sky went a bit darker and then got light again. :cry:

There was one *"&$*")%_#@~ of a jam on the journey home the weekend after - nightmare tailback on the A30 around Indian Queens.

if that was the eclipse of 1999 i saw it too...lived in penzance then
and if the tailback at indian queens is the same time...its been upgraded to dual carriage way
but being a fair minded county they moved the tailback up to temple on the moor...which is single carriageway where they plan to upgrade by....erm...2017
everything is drekly down here...or inameenit as we say in scotland

looking for a cable detector and putting a new thread on

cheers
geof

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back