electric shower fed with pump?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all
i have a standard gravity fed system and hw cylinder,is it ok to fit a standard 1.5bar shower pump to an electric shower?
any sugs thanks

Sponsored Links
I don't see why not, but which shower is it exactly?

And you are thinking of feeding only the cold supply, aren't you? :eek:

havent bought shower unit yet,and yes cold only,just wasnt sure if pump pressure would allow sufficent time for water to be heated by elec shower unit ,
thanks

Sponsored Links
Sufficient time? Ah, you mean that it might pump too fast?

I don't think you need to worry. The shower will 'throttle' the flow in order to heat the water an amount that corresponds to the setting you select.

However, why don't you just connect your shower to the mains cold, like the manufacturer intends? :confused:

Why not buy a pumped electric shower, Mira Excell or Triton. Easier than fitting a pump. You usually have to wire into the shower so the pump activates when you turn on the shower flow. Purpose made is better.

mains pressure is very low,and mrs doesnt like the big power shower units.
thanks

finks said:
mrs doesnt like the big power shower units.
But an electric shower (with or without pump) will take up more room than a thermostatic mixing valve. :confused:

yes i see your point,
i think i will fit a termostatic mixer with a pump fitted at base of hw cylinder,cw tank is ok 50gallon,and leave the electric/power shower alone.
thanks for the help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back