plastic pipe selection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all
i am plumbing in a shower pump,and have a standard open vented gravity fed system,i want to use plastic pipe and push fit cons,
there seems to be several companies offering plastic pipe and push fit fittings ,are they all the same or is there a preferred supplier/type.
JG Speedfit Barrier looks pretty good?
any sugs
many thanks

Sponsored Links
I fitted a shower in the same way over ten years ago. Used the old JG Speedfit fittings available then, the newer ones are much better and I have had no problems whatsoever. It was so much easier to get round corners obstacles etc as it is bendable. The shower is in constant use at least 5 times a day so if there was going to be any problems they would have happened by now. Just make sure you have the right cutting tool and use O ring inserts, and push the pipe right the way home into the fitting.

Sponsored Links
I've just used Speedfit for bath and basin and found it really easy. I bought a couple of joints of a cheaper brand (may have been B&Qs own brand) but you have to replace the grab ring to reuse the fittings, where as with Speedfit you just pull off and push on again. It gets my vote! :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back