Electric shower/ isolator switch problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Mira Sport electric shower with an isolator switch situated outside the bathroom.

A few days ago after using the shower the isolator switch would not turn off and was stuck in the ‘on’ position with the red light showing. This problem persisted for the following days and whilst the shower continued to function correctly the isolator switch has remained stuck in the ‘on’ setting. However, yesterday the shower stopped working altogether mid shower. Following this I checked the isolator switch (which remains stuck in the ‘on’ setting) and the red light has started to flicker intermittently/ glow dimly.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem may be and how to resolve it?

Hope you can help!

Sponsored Links
Sound like the mechanism is jammed. Is the isolator, ceiling or wall mounted?
Ceiling mounted ones can often get debris falling through the entry hole causing this problem, this could also be possible on a wall mounted one to.
I would suggest best way forward would be to replace it and seal any entry holes with silicon at the same time.

Sponsored Links
switch is faulty, possibly a poor connection leading to overheating.

replace switch, and any damaged cable if necessary, and check other connections.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back