electric shower problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,
been having problems with my electric shower. In the winter it works quite well - we can have it on the full power setting, and adjust the temperature as required.
But as soon as the weather warms up we have big issues. At the moment we have to have it on the middle power setting. If the temp dial is below 8 then the water pressure indicator goes orange and the shower goes cold. Turning it above 8 then the water is too hot to shower in!

Turning the power back up to high has no affect - the water is either too hot, or cold.

We have just tried descaling the head with a small improvement.

We live in london = hard water!!

Any suggestions? is there anything else i can descale? or just get a new shower unit?
thanks

Sponsored Links
First how does it perform with the head off ? same do you still get the lp issue ?

try cleaning the inlet filter and make sure the stopcock is fully open.

Sponsored Links
yes the issue still happens when i've taken the hose off.

I'll check that the stopcock is fully open, not sure how to check the inlet valve!

This has happened for the last few years but it must be getting worse.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back