Triton Jade II: water too hot!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
the water that's coming out of our electric shower (triton jade 2) is really too hot, whatever the setting on the main dial. We used to be able to control the temperature much more...
The problem really is that the dial does not change anything to the temperature. So the water is too hot when the shower is at high power, or too cold when the power is on economy.

Thanks for any comment!
J

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply.
I actually thought the same first. So I removed the cover and then was a bit discouraged... The inside looks neat and tidy and I was not sure I could really dismantle the shower safely...
What would you start with? The inlet? Is it a good idea to open the heater can?

Sponsored Links
if you can

ive known them restrict the outlet with scale that has flaked off the elements

you can sometimes get away with back flushing them

another point to check is the inlet filter :idea:

Ok. I tried the shower without the head and at first, I had a few black bits coming out, but nothing alarming. The temperature was actually as it used to be (we had the shower for two years now): cold but good pressure from 0 to 3-4, and hot but very low flow above 6.
Now, I can try to descale the showerhead but it does not look that much encrusted.
I will also check the inlet.
Thanks.

Hi,

quick update: the limescale on the showerhead was actually enough to completely change the behaviour of the shower. After a good cleaning (just a few holes were blocked really), the temperature is back to normal...

Thank you all.
J

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back