Electric Shower Pulsing on and off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'll describe this as best I can.

My Redring Expression's 500S has just starting pulsing after working fine for about 2 1/2 years. A plumber listened to the shower and said it sounded like water hammer and fitted a valve to stop this but it hasn't helped.

Basically, when first switching on the shower, it flashes on and off, and pulses water (cold). After about 10 minutes, the flow becomes steadier, and once it heats up, the flow stays steady as normal. I have noticed that once the shower is used, if it is used shortly after there are no problems, it seems to be it takes a long time to heat or something. I have noticed that the colder the bathroom, the longer it takes to get started.

Is the shower on the way out, or is it just a matter of replacing a part?

Forgot to say, don't know if this makes a difference, but the water is fed off the mains pipe (cold obviously with the shower being electric), there are no extras fitted like other pumps etc, just your basic 8.5 kw shower.

Sponsored Links
Hi, further to this fault, mine, after doing the same for a few months is now refusing to switch on at all, can I assume its the same problem, cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back