electric shower working much better with new combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
why is my Gainsborough 9.5E (electric) shower working much better now that I have a new Promax Combi 28 HE Plus installed. I previously had a Baxi GF Super 552 back boiler. I had intended to replace the Gainsborough and fit a mixer shower but its working great now. Could it be that I've inadvertently turned down the cold water mains a touch after the new installation or could it be new piping? the old system had had a cold water feed blockage which I sorted,but maybe other parts of the system had partial blockages? The Gainsborough is now supplying hot water at a lower setting (and consequently higher pressure?) and I am confused as to why this should be so.

I'm thinking 'if it works don't fix it'!, but are mixer showers much better anyway and worth installing despite the above?

:confused:

Sponsored Links
i would say you had another blockage restricting the flow to shower.

Gainsborough arn't the best electric showers as they don't have many replaceable parts like others showers.
but a mixer shower working from your combi will look better and more reliable

Perhaps it was tank fed instead of off the mains and now you have a combi it is now off the cold mains supply :confused:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back