electric shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My electric shower is 6 months old and last week the PRD went on it. I got a replacement part and installed it. When I turned the shower on at the isolation switch water automatically came out of the hose even though the power switch on the shower unit was turned off.

A few hours later i tried to turn the shower on at the isolation switch. This time no water came out so I proceeded to turn the unit on at the power switch. At this point you could hear the pump running but still no water appeared.

Neither the shower hose or head are blocked.

Does anyone have any suggestions at all?

Its a NewTeam 9.5Kw electric shower.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Firstly you say that you can here the pump running. There is no pump in an electric shower :confused: . The only noises are from water flowing and the heating elements.

When you refitted the cover of the shower, did you make sure that any switch dials on the cover were set correctly for the actual switches In the shower? It's quite an easy mistake to make (erm..) - usually there is a square projection from switch which locates into square hole on dial on cover. If the dial has accidentally turned while the cover is off, the settings will not correspond :) .

sorry to say this, but there IS an electric shower with a pump inside it, cant remeber who what or where, but i have seen one

All the switches are in the correct position. The current state of plat at the minute is that no water comes out at all no matter what power setting you have set. You can here a noise from the unit which increases and decreases, when the power switch is turned to a higher setting you can see a slight dimming of the lights in the other rooms so it is drawing more power the higher the setting you put it at. I have also checked the isolation valve of the inlet pipe to make sure that it is turned on and both the shower head and hose to make sure there are no blockages.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like I was wrong. Maybe it has a pump. It would help if you'd tell us what model the shower is :evil: .

chrishutt said:
Sounds like I was wrong. Maybe it has a pump. It would help if you'd tell us what model the shower is :evil: .

sorry but it is true. our "friends" at TLC have them here

but is this NOT legal since it is pumping mains water,? athough the blurb does say tank fed shower, but that doesnt stop anyone putting it directly on the mains water supply, unless there is more blurb

looking at the manula and it doesn't have a pump. Its a new team 9.5Kw electric shower.

It doesnt seem to have any more model information than that.

its the 9.5Kw one in white only i paid a fair bit more for mine than that. You should have blanked out the prices. You know how to make someone feel good on a monday morning.

So I was right :cool: . But the situation sounds alarming. The shower is drawing enough power to dim your lights, yet there is no water flow :eek: . Sounds like some major error in reassembly. The shower should have safety devices which prevent it from working if there is no flow of water. Best get an expert to look at it, unless you know enough to check the safety devices.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back