electric shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about to fit an electric shower, i have fitted one before with a new fuse box, the one i am about to fit now has an old one. how do i connect up the shower to the electrical supply?

Sponsored Links
Please be very careful!

The latest Part P regulations require that a fully qualified electrician connects any electrical equipment in bathrooms and kitchens.

An electric shower has to be supplied via an RCD and the earthing has to be upgraded to the latest regulations to ensure YOUR safety!

Tony

The part P for electrics now does not let you carry out mains board work. -By all means fit the shower and run the cable - you can even connect up to the pull switch normally at 45amp, and even connect the shower. Sparks will want to see the connections Make sure you also take an earth poss from the bathroom light to the shower and connecting pipes (this is very important)

It is advised that you change the fuse board by an ELECTRICIAN and not you! if he does do this as he has changed the board he will also need to check the complete house for defects or he will not be able to cert the work or provide you with documentation.

Sponsored Links
Hello everyone new here,i just read your reply to the above question as i have fitted a shower.I have A separate MCB for the shower and 10mm cable laid ready for a SPARKS to finish the job[there is no way i could afford to have it all done by a pro]your remark about an EARTH got me as the cable is earthed,please explain.Sorry but if i dont fully understand why i can never do a job.What do i need to show the Electrician and about what will it cost??? :?: :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back