shower and flexihose fittings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am replacing my old electric shower, there is no isolation valve currently present so i want to add one. To install the new electric shower i will have to change the pipework and move the electric supply cable (chopping out tiles and plaster etc). I was thinking that i could use a flexihose (15mm compression at each end) with incorporated service valve to do the same job. I have used them for hot and cold water fittings for taps and standad showers but wondered if they were suitable for use for the cold water feed for electric showers? Would the job much simpler Thanks

Sponsored Links
if your thinking of burying one end in the wall i wouldn't bother
do it properly.

ok on taps not the sort of thing you use on showers buried in walls or stud walls.

fit the islolation on the pipe before it enters the wall.

Hey, thanks fpr the advice. the previous shower terminated into male screw thread fitting which i have a converter to 15mm compression. its just getting it accross and up, without having to re-route the cable behind the tiles (i dont mind doing it but its a bit of a pain as we cant get any matching tiles) this way i could run it straight into the shower in a small bend. Problem with the right angle connectors is they take you quite a long way to the right, to get you up (if that makes sense...). It wouldnt look v tidy, but i only need it for a year or 2 until we have the central heating re-done when we will get a new mixer shower fitted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back