Electric start Mower ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How good are the rotary mowers with electric start they also have the normal pull start.

Still deciding what to buy 48 cm with a roller, going to look a Lawnflite mowers Friday,
think these have Honda engines so really a Honda mower with Lawnflite badge am I right?

Sponsored Links
Usually the battery will be dead after winter, and the battery, starter motor etc all adds extra weight.
Better off with a mower with a clutch on the blades (so you don't have to stop the engine) than electric start

Lawnflite domestic and pro are very different mowers, don't confuse the two.
Lawnflite pro are made by Kaaz in Japan and sold under different names. They have a Honda commercial grade engine but no other Honda parts that I know of.

Usually the battery will be dead after winter, and the battery, starter motor etc all adds extra weight.
Better off with a mower with a clutch on the blades (so you don't have to stop the engine) than electric start

Lawnflite domestic and pro are very different mowers, don't confuse the two.
Lawnflite pro are made by Kaaz in Japan and sold under different names. They have a Honda commercial grade engine but no other Honda parts that I know of.
Yes I would go for a mower with BBC

We have a Hyundai, petrol driven, electric start, self-propel mower. Had it about 6 years now and find it very good.
Self-propel is not strictly true, you have to hold a lever closed to propel it, but it means if someone else is around, they can move something out the way for you. I don't like the idea of being able to leave mowers running when you let go of the handles. Always have this fear of a cable suddenly snapping and the mower becoming 'live' while unattended.

Sponsored Links
Just check before you buy......
Some machines have no battery charging facility - you have to take care of that yourself.
If the chosen machine self charges, help it out during the winter with a weekly low charge and the battery will last well.
Any machine with a Honda engine will start well.
John :)

. I don't like the idea of being able to leave mowers running when you let go of the handles. Always have this fear of a cable suddenly snapping and the mower becoming 'live' while unattended.
Mowers that can be left running don't have a dead man lever to operate a kill switch and brake on the flywheel, the blade has a separate clutch to engage/disengaged so the cable isn't under tension while in the latter .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back