Electric storage heater, seems to work 24/7

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there anything that can cause this to go from working on ecomony 7 times, to suddenly be on 24/7.

Not changed my supplier and nothing has knowingly been done to the meter?

Sponsored Links
Sorry I should have give more information.

2x heaters are doing the same thing.

The immersion heater however is still only coming on between the allotted hours.

Could it still be this timeswitch or teleshitch thing, is this something in my house to do with the fusebox, or is it to do with the white electric box outside where the meter is located?

or is it to do with the white electric box outside where the meter is located?

The timeswitch/teleswitch will be in there, the immersion could well be on a 24hr supply with it's own timeswich.
If it is all your heaters it is almost certainly what I suspect so you need to report the fault to your Elrectricity Supplier (the company you pay your bills to)
it is their equipment so only they can fix it

Sponsored Links
What westie said.

When I had E7, there was a time switch for the immersion heater, so this could be used during the 'low' period as required. The circuits for the storage heaters were connected via a contacter to the teleswitch.

Report it for the supplier to repair. In the mean time, enjoy the off-peak rate electricity for all your appliances (Assuming you get a good 'night rate' from th same meter!), and manually switch your storage heaters.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back