Electric Tile saws

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am doing my kitchen at the moment and decided to purchase a new tile saw to cut my floor tiles.

I purchased a Titan one from Screwfix (£30 ish) but that was awful and took ages to cut through the tile and so went back and got a refund. My next one was the Wickes own brand at £34 and that was no better! :LOL:

That too went for a refund so my advice to anyone thinking of buying these 2 cutters is that they are both cack!!!!!!

I notice they are both 180 mm blades which may have something to do with the poor cut as my old Plasplugs (110 mm blade) served me well and was excellent.

Sponsored Links
I bought one from wickes about 12 months ago, it was half price should have been £75-80 if I remember right got it for less than £40.
has served me well, on floor and wall tiles also had a tilt action on the bed.

I think if you put a good quality blade in them like marcrist you will have no problems,on the cheap tile cutters thats were they comprimise.I had an aldi one for £20 it was not bad put a good blade in hey presto cut throuh anything

Sponsored Links
I agree that the size of the blade is not the issue- it is the quality of the blade that counts.

The best tile cutter that I have ever purchased is one of the "cheaper" Rubi models- mind you that set me back £340- but was worth every penny.

Managed to get hold of a Plasplugs cutter for £37 and it is like cutting through butter. :D

I know Plasplugs have gone bump but there must be a lot of stock out there and if you see one you should grab one as they are brill.

I got a Titan tile cutter which was £15 from SF in the sale. It has served me real well, but the thickest tile I have cut is 8mm. It cuts real quick and the blade is still good on it.

Plasplugs are back now Bahco, they have been bought out by the son of the man who originally founded the company. I use a plasplugs master tiler and have just bought a new porelain cutting blade off of ebay for £20 . Cuts like a knife through butter now.

Nick

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back