Reduce 25.4mm bore on a miter saw?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a cheap miter saw from eBuyer.
I want to use it to cut block paving bricks.
Therefore I need a diamond (segmented?) blade.
The problem is I can't find one that's a decent price and fits a 25.4mm bore.
At Screwfix & Co they're all either 22.2 or 22.23.
Is there anyway of having these fit on my saw?
I've seen some 25.4mm diamond blades but they're for just tiles so I'm assuming they won't cut bricks dry?
It's really annoying because Screwfix have got the blades for just £9 but they're 22.23mm.
Any way round this?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
So you're trying to increase the blade mount diameter, not reduce it?

No Bueno.

If you're looking to reduce the Arbor on the saw again, waste of time.

If you're after a cheap and easy mitre saw come block cutter look at the evolution saws. They sell diamond blades for their saws.

What a stupid idea. That's why the holes are different, to prevent darwinism.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your help.
Oops, I was looking at it the wrong way round!
I guess there might have been some of increasing the arbor from somewhere if it had been the other way round.
Never mind, I have opted to go for a cheap 115mm angle grinder instead with the appropriate blade.
Thanks again for your help.

If your Arbor is smaller than the diameter of the blade mount you can get washers to lack out the ID. Some blades come with them. I know I've had some DeWalt blades that came with them and some cheap Shenzhen specials that came with a 22 from 20mm washer.

Not ideal but possible but the way I understood your OP was you had a bigger Arbor than the blade you intended to use which isn't possible without replacing the Arbor, in turn replacing the motor rotor. A lot of work for nothing.

Some saws also have reversible Arbor washers to accommodate different blade bores but these are few and far between.

Attachments

• images (1).jpeg
    images (1).jpeg
    6.5 KB · Views: 104
That's the kind of washers I saw, and by the lead time, they were coming from Shenzhen!
But, as you pointed out and made me realise, I had got it the wrong way round in my head!
My miter saw only cost me £29.99, again probably originally from Shenzhen but with eBuyer's brand on it.
Does the jobs I want it for but probably not for the discerning tradesman.
Hopefully my soon-to-be £27 angle grinder including diamond disc will do the job instead.
Thanks again.

£27 angle grinder with diamond disc? Is that one a month or for the one job? :mrgreen:

Actually, I forgot to ask, would a non-segmented blade still work/worth trying?
There are a few 25.4 diamond discs available such as the one here but they're for ceramics and slate.

I've already hit another obstacle and now beginning to regret starting this project but that's for another thread.

Shouldn't make a difference. Segmented blades are usually used for rougher work such as cutting tarmac, stone, brick etx where as a non segmented would be used for more delicate work such as ceramic, tile etc but both will do the job.

Really? Damn my ignorance!
If only I'd asked that question first:( Toolstation do one for only £8.26.
Certainly worth a go for that amount. It's 200mm instead of 210mm but that shouldn't make a difference being slightly smaller.
Now for the bloomin' rain to stop.

Thanks once again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back