Tile cutter blade

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need a new diamond blade for my Wickes wet saw electric tile cutter.

The old blade is 180mm x 25mm bore x 2mm thick.

Wickes sell these but they are expensive and don’t have very good reviews.

There doesn’t appear to be much choice as most of the 180mm blades I’ve seen are 25.4mm bore.

Will a 25.4mm bore blade be ok or am I stuck with the Wickes blade?

I know 0.4mm isn’t much but I don’t want any accidents when this thing is spinning round!

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Thanks Sammy

I’ve looked on eBay (and Toolstation and Screwfix) but most 180mm diameter discs seem to be 25.4mm bore (1 inch).

The old disc states the bore is 25mm (metric) so a new disc with 25.4mm bore will probably be too big for the shaft.

I’m not sure why Wickes make a tile cutter with a metric shaft - presumably so I have to buy replacements discs off them!

Have you got a caliper you can measure it exactly?

These sizes are usually standardised, so it could either be they've written 25 as a generalisation or they've got a disc that is 25mm to stop you buying others.

Ideally you need to accurately measure the opening and Arbor plate but .4mm is a hairs width (well, not quite but you get the picture) and I wouldn't even consider it.

Sponsored Links
O.4mm will be for clearance. It's not a bearing face so you want to be able to just slide the new blade on, not have to tap it on.
Fit a 25.4 blade, make sure the guards are in place and switch on. If it wobbles/vibrates then clearly you have got a 25.0mm arbor but I think it will be fine.
You do know, I take it, that after fitting a new disc you should check it's secure after a few cuts.

Still a sensible idea to check it though. Only takes a few seconds but could save serious injury.

IIRC the Rubi discs have a punch out in the centre, thereby allowing you to use either diameter. I think the Spectrum blades have then as well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back