Electric underfloor heating... any difference between Laminate/LVT flooring?e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We're going to fit 20-25m2 aluminium heating mat on a brand new floor. Subfloor is down and the boards between sub-floor and mats are sorted.

We had planned to go with vinyl flooring but everyone tells us this needs an additional layer on the mats which we prefer not to do.

Our preferred heating mat supplier (also the brand our electrician prefers) allows laminate to go directly on top of the mats, but we need a waterproof (moppable) flooring so were considering LVT. What I can't find out is if LVT is like-for-like replacement for laminate or not. I see both are limited to 27C but want to make sure before we order and fit it.

Anyone know?

Sponsored Links
Spoke to the UFH supplier. They say the requirement for the additional overlay layer with vinyl is because it is a lot less rigid, so wires will show through. Since LVT is also quite bendy, they say the same applies.

What they couldn't tell me is where we stand with rigid LVT which is another option. Seems to me this is a like-for-like laminate replacement but I've never used it before.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back