laminate Floor, Electric UFH (underfloor heating), underlay

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just about to put down a conservatory laminate floor over a new chipboard floor which in turn sits on insulation over an old concrete floor. The UFH mat is made up of wires 3mm thick. The mat will cover about 70% of the floor. I am concerned the laminate will be resting over hard spots created by the UFH mat and wonder what is the best underlay to use. Too thin and the mat will create hard spots, too thick and I guess the laminate could deform under point loads (sofa feet for example). Alternatively I could put the heating mat under the chipboard but it wont then give a fast warm floor which is what I wanted. Any advice?

Sponsored Links
You need to find out the tog rating that is suitable for the UFH mat to work efficiently (in the UFH specs)

Then the flooring should have it's tog rating and you then need to work out what rating you have left for underlay. Look at different types of underlays and see what you can work too on their tog ratings, you may find your limited to what type of underlay you can use as you don't want anything that will over insulate and damage the system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back