ELECTRIC UNDERFLOOR HEATING IN BATHROOM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am thinking of fitting electric underfloor heating in my ensuite. I want to do as much of the work as possible myself.

With respect to part P regulations what will I have to get an electrician in for and what can I do myself. i.e can I lay the underfloor matting leave the connection lead loose near a suitable power connection and then get an electrician in for the final connection.

thanks

Sponsored Links
Involve your electrician before you start
Make sure he is on here: www.competentperson.co.uk

No probs for you to lay the mat and bring the probe & element wiring to the point for the controller.

Sparks will need to make sure the supply is on an RCD protected circuit, or supply one for the feed

He will need to make sure the supplementary bonding in the bathroom is done correctly and include the floor heating in the bonding scheme.

If you dont do this you may find that he will want to run green and yellow wires over the top of your nice new tiling!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back