Underfloor heating - Notifiable?

26 Nov 2007
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Dear All,

I intend purchasing some underfloor heating which is to be fed from the CU via a dedicated radial with isolation switch.

The underfloor heating has a control module on the wall which requires a connection to the Consumer Unit. It also has connections from the control module to the underfloor heating mat.

I understand that the connection of the Control Module to the Consumer Unit is notifiable, but can anyone advise whether or not the connection of the Control Module to the underfloor heating mat is notifiable?

Kind Regards

Need Help21
Sponsored Links
Work on electric underfloor heating is notifiable as it is classed as a special installation.

Thanks for your response. If the cable from the CU to the control module has been signed off by a Part P registered electrician, can I then connect it up??
Sponsored Links
Unless you are a member of a competent person scheme or have notified your LABC in advance and paid fees etc, to remain within the law you can't connect it up as you are adding a special installation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local