Underfloor heating - Who are the market leaders?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Friends,

I am soon to install underfloor heating in my kitchen. I shall be opting for the electric mat type in 150W and have a new radial circuit direct from the CU.

The mat will be installed on a concrete floor for which I have been advised to use insulation boards. These shall be around 10mm thick.

Can anyone advise on who the recognised leading manufactuter is in underfloor heating and preferably any experience of their products.

It would also be appreciated if anyone can advise how the insulation boards are secured to a concrete floor

Kind Regards

Need Help21

Sponsored Links
Personally I like the heating mats / wires from 'warmup', and their contollers are pretty good too.

Normally the heat mat goes on top of thermally insulating board, which is laid on top of the concrete.

What sort of floor covering are you laying?

I have only personally used these with tiled floors, but you can also get them for laminate and carpet.

One great thing about warmup is their guarantee

If you make a mistake and cut or damage the new heating before tiling, return the damaged heater, to Warmup within 30 DAYS along with your original dated sales receipt.

WARMUP WILL REPLACE ANY PRE-TILED HEATER (MAXIMUM 1 HEATER) WITH ANOTHER HEATER OF THE SAME MAKE AND MODEL – FREE

http://www.warmup.co.uk/

I'll second that recommendation.
I just installed one with their new programmer/controller. The new controller is a big improvement and includes settings to state what sort of sub-floor the mat is on (eg screed, board, etc).

Sponsored Links
Guys,

Cheers, I had considered DEVI as when I contact them, they seem to be pretty slick.

Do warm up make the kit or are they the manufacturer???

I shall be installing tiles over the top.

Kind Regards

NeedHelp21

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back