Underfloor heating - No response elsewhere, so ill try here!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Friends,

I am soon to install underfloor heating in my kitchen. I shall be opting for the electric mat type in 150W and have a new radial circuit direct from the CU.

The mat will be installed on a concrete floor for which I have been advised to use insulation boards. These shall be around 10mm thick.

Can anyone advise on who the recognised leading manufactuter is in underfloor heating and preferably any experience of their products.

It would also be appreciated if anyone can advise how the insulation boards are secured to a concrete floor

Kind Regards

Need Help21

Sponsored Links
Friends,

I am soon to install underfloor heating in my kitchen. I shall be opting for the electric mat type in 150W and have a new radial circuit direct from the CU.

The mat will be installed on a concrete floor for which I have been advised to use insulation boards. These shall be around 10mm thick.

Can anyone advise on who the recognised leading manufactuter is in underfloor heating and preferably any experience of their products.

It would also be appreciated if anyone can advise how the insulation boards are secured to a concrete floor

Kind Regards

Need Help21
150w? I think your going to need a bit more than that my friend! 150-180w per sq/metre is nearer the mark & you will need 200w/m in a conservatory. Insulation boards are a good idea & they will help but even with these, be aware that electric u/floor heating is not cheap to run if it’s your main source of heat for the room.

I have a Marmox insulation boards & a Neoheat system in a cons. & have been quiet pleased with it but there are plenty of alternatives around. Use the manufacturers recommended adhesive for the insulation boards & a self levelling screed over the element before you lay the tiles (assuming your having tiles). I trust you are aware that this is notifyable electrical work & you (or your installer) will need to notify your LABC!

Thanks for the advice, I am aware of the electrics issue as the sparky is going to sign it off as part of my whole house (he has already installed a new CU)

DEVI and Warm-up have advised me that 150W per square metre is adequate, I also have a 4800 BTU column rad which will no doubt help out

Are Neo heat the manufacturer or supplier?

DEVI and Warm-up have advised me that 150W per square metre is adequate
Thats a bit more like it!
Are Neo heat the manufacturer or supplier?
There were both when I got mine 3 years ago & it came direct through the cons supplier but I did a quick Google & it seems they have gone into liquidation; opps :cry: ! There does, however, seem to be others still supplying their products.

Sponsored Links
you wont want to here this but you really dont want to install underfloor heating! Especially electric mat. It is very expensive to run and there is almost no flooring manufactures that will guarantee there product fitted over the top unless you follow strict guidelines that are almost impossible to stick to! 90% of failed floors i inspect are down to underfloor heating. If you really want to install it then go for Polly pipe ( water ). And then you MUST maintain a constant heat ( 18-21c best ). Summer time as well. You cant just turn it off when your hot or turn it on when your cold. This will cause problems for you !
P.S if you also concider that it takes the same power per sq'm as 3 light bulbs take to run. Then if you have a 4x3 room ( adverage kitchen size ) You are paying the same as turning all the lights on in 4-5 adverage size houses! :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back