Electric underfloor heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm thinking of installing underfloor heating in my kitchen and I've a few questions you may be able to help with.

I'm looking at an electric system with tiles on top. It'll be laid n a mixed concrete /timber substrate and the received wisdom seems to be a minimum of 10mm Marmox board as underfloor insulation.

My questions are:

1. Is there a workable and recommended alternative to the marmox as my build height will be around 25mm with adhesive and tiles and I don't have that much space.

2. Would you be comfortable to do away with the wall radiator altogether? This would aid my kitchen design.

3. My kitchen is around 18m2. Watt wattage rating per sqm would you use?

4. Is it feasible for a competent diy-er to do this up to the point where the electrical cables need chasing in to a switched circuit?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Electric UFH on that scale will be staggeringly expensive to run, especially as a primary heat source...
We've got Devi electric UFH in our small downstairs cloakroom, that didn't want any insulation under it at all, it just hot-glued straight to the screed. Very easy to DIY

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back