electric window stuck open- mazda mx5

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi I was hoping someone might help me. My electric window on the drivers side is not working when I try to put the window up. I have power on the passenger window but on the drivers side the window will go down but not up.

can someone give me an idea of what the problem is, and also if someone might be able to tell me how to get the window to at least close as the car is not secure.

Sponsored Links
Is it moving at all when you press the up button? Can you hear the motor trying?

hi

no the window dosen't move up, and I cant hear the motor however the window does go down.

Sponsored Links
Hi, I had a similar problem with a friends pug 106, found it to be the controller box and was going to cost for a new one, as the switches for the windows on the pug are in the centre consol, I rewired the windows to the lighter as the fuse rating happened to be the same. what you could do is first check the fuses and if they are are OK, find a circuit with the same fuse rating and link it to the live supply side of the window switch to see if it will operate,(Note: be carefull not to earth the link wire or you may have a fire on your hands). If this is successful you can then bypass the controller box by carefully making up a link wire with the correct ends on and fit that. ensuring that the route of the cable cannot be pinched by moving objects.

Back