Electrical Box Sinkers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What do you people think of electrical box sinkers? Do they do there job or are they a waste of money? Was thinking of buying the armeg set but didn't wanna waste £230 if theyre no good. Would any1 recommend them? Any views would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
We've had ours for a few years ... only use it sensible as i said, on material we know it works ok on (not engineering brick)

No idea how long the armeg ones last because its different design

obviously depends how much u use it over the years

Sponsored Links
Armeg also not good on hard brick, you're still better off with a chisel (SDS or hand) in that material.

Armeg good for blockwork esp. new builds where you have a few to do. You have to go easy when doing deep boxes or you can end up looking at the cavity!

I have the Armeg single socket kit...

I wasn't prepared to pay the extra for the double socket kit since all it has for the extra £75 is a little template and the corner thingy for a double box. I made a template out of some ply, and I use a flat chisel for the corners anyway.

The main cutter that removes the bulk of the waste is great in soft materials but utter pants in anything hard - it took about 10 minutes of solid drilling for one socket in some red house brick, and that doesn't include the corners...

For the money I don't think they are worth it, the main bit just doesn't cut it - literally. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back