Electrical noise from Salus RT520TX

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had a new combi boiler fitted for heating & HW. Plumber supplied a wireless (battery-powered) Salus RT520TX thermostat / controller.

The wireless stat is emitting a very high-pitched electrical-type whining noise (a bit like you hear from a plugged-in phone charger when no phone is connected) every time the LCD display is lit.

I also accidentally entered the "test" menu and had it run through that cycle (whatever that does!), and the noise was even more apparent.

Has anyone else experienced this noise with a Salus or other wireless stat? Should I be worried?

Sponsored Links
Get your installer back, and if he doesn't know what it is, he should contact Salus.

This is common, I'm pretty sure that they all do it, but as you say only when any of the buttons are pressed that causes the display to illuminate.

Sponsored Links
It's the driver that drives the back light - there's nothing the installer can realistically do about it, 'cept put in a different brand

(Edit - I have a Time Guard unit, which also whistles. Have beside clock which also does it when the back light is energised too)

Nozzle

Last edited:
Great, thanks for the replies. I won't worry too much about it in that case.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back