Vokera BeSmart wireless thermostat issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, we have the above wireless thermost controlling a Vokera boiler. Last night it appeared something had gone wrong and the boiler didn't turn off as timed or when the set temperature had been reached for the CH. There were no errors reported on the thermostat controller box or the boiler but the Wifi box connected to the boiler via USB, was displaying the red/green LED light combination. I tried a power cycle to reset it and reset the modem to no avail. Both I and my wife have tried to log into the app but get an error message saying 'Failed to connect to api.besmart-home.c'. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app (android version). The wifi box will enter WPS mode but doesn't respond to any WPS signal from the router. I have confirmed the wireless settings for the app are using the 2.4Ghz signal and that my phone is too but get the timeout error message. This is the same for both my wife's phone and mine. The SSID is automatically populated from the phone so is correct, the password has been checked and double checked, so the app cannot be configured at a basic level which in turn means you cannot access the functionality of the app.
Having gone through all the options for the wifi box, the final LED code it stops on is solid red/1s flashing green which the book says is 'Network or RF error'. All other wifi devices in the house are connected and functioning correctly. HW on demand working fine. The wireless icon on the thermostat box shows 5 bars.
Any advice is welcome.
I suspect that the app and/or the wifi box isn't functioning correctly. Having done some research before posting I have read that BeSmart unit has been superceded.
If it is a failure of the wifi box and Vokera don't have spares, is the Tado V3+ a suitable wireless replacement? The BeSmart is not hardwired beyond the wifi box being connected to the boiler via USB cable.

Thankyou.

EDIT: brand new batteries in the controller box and mobile data turned off to force a wifi connection.

Sponsored Links
I believe they're turning the BeSMART server off, they've been too troublesome in China and are now using a new app, HiComfort, free to download locked to Amazon servers. If you get the new gateway box you could throw the old one away and encode your existing BeSMART to the new server. Ring service, 01274 866100 who may be able to help you locate a new gateway

Thanks for the advice, I'll call them tomorrow. To stop a service without notification or guidance on how to switch to the new service is poor.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice, I'll call them tomorrow. To stop a service without notification or guidance on how to switch to the new service is poor.
Its also poor that your heating controls don't work without operational remote servers.

Update.

Vokera engineer came around and diagnosed a failed wireless receiver in the BeSmart thermostat. As it was no longer under warranty a new thermostat was required. Screwfix had a Tado v3+ on offer which looks like a direct swap as far as functions go so I got one of those. The Vokera engineer kindly advised me how to decomission the BeSmart and connect the Tado. System immediately worked with timer and thermostat functions and has been fine since installation 4 days ago. The engineer did mention 'server issues' with theBeSmart but didn't eloborate. I've attached a photo and the wiring instructions given to me so that they may assist others in the same situation. They are instructions to replace a BeSmart wireless thermostat with a Tado 3V+ wireless thermostat for use with a Vokera Evolve 32 boiler. I'm not an electition or plumber so if any of the instructions are incorrect or advice like this isn't permitted from DIY'ers please delete the image.

Attachments

• thermostat connection.jpg
    thermostat connection.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 21
  • Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back