Vokera Besmart Wireless digital thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks, my daughter is in the process of having a Vokera Easiheat 29c combi installed with the built in time clock and I was planning on fitting the Besmart Alpha 7D wireless programmable thermostat for her as I did to my Easiheat plus.

However looking at the spec the plug in Besmart programmer might not be compatible with the Easiheat 29c. Does anyone know if this is the case and can it be hard wired in. The tech page mentions something about a plug in interface which may allow this programmer to be connected?

Any help would be much appreciated

Sponsored Links
Yes, it will work. Dependent on what wiring connections are supplied with the boiler it may just plug straight is if you want to use the control as an ON/OFF. If you want to convert the thermostat to OpenTherm you will need the controls interface, you will not need it otherwise.

So the boiler was installed today however it doesn’t seem to have the plug outlet that the Easiheat plus has.

Can anyone direct me as to if and how the Besmart programmer can be wired into the PCB or is it a no no?

I can forward a photograph of the PCB if this helps and also the wiring diagram from the installation booklet.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Hi there, it's an Easi heat I 29 C.....hope this helps? Thanks

The reason I ask is that there is an easiheat C, an easiheat ci, and an easiheat i.

Does it have a digital display and buttons left right and below the display. Picture?

The 'i' is the latest but the factory made some more of the discontinued earlier C model recently because of demand.

Nothing's ever straightforward.

IMG_20231111_160124.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
So this is what was on the packaging, hopefully this helps? Really appreciate all the help folks

• Thanks
So this is what was on the packaging, hopefully this helps? Really appreciate all the help folks

Ok, the stat is compatible.

Your gas safe engineer should have no problems wiring the stat in but you’ll need a connection box.

I say gas safe engineer because you have to open a combustion cover now on this boiler and that shouldn’t be done by someone not competent to do the necessary safety checks afterwards.

I’m assuming you have a RF room stat and a receiver that connects to the boiler.

Take a LNE fused at 3amps into the box from your household supply.

Connect the LNE from the boiler in the box.

Connect LN from the receiver of the control to the LN terminals

Connect the switching wire connections from the receiver (usually black) to the TA terminals of the boiler as shown in the boiler manual using a separate cable.

If your gas safe engineer or his electrician puts mains voltage into the TA terminals of the boiler they’ll burn out the board.

This is the most common fault call we get so tell them to take care.

If you use a different brand thermostat all the above still applies.

• Thanks
So it's not just a case of removing the plug off the Besmart receiver and wiring into the board somewhere?

The Easi heat plus was so simple with this plug and play feature and allowed competent folk to simply connect the stat direct to the board, it's a shame they removed this on the newer model.

So back to the Engineer it is then

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back