Experiences of Vokera BeSmart

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

Recently moved into a house with a Vokera Boiler that was in an upstairs cupboard in one of the bedrooms so decided to buy a BeSMART WiFi Box and Thermostat. The install was easy enough and the RF Boiler Receiver/WiFi Box is paired to the Thermostat and that is all working fine which is all I really wanted it for but seeing as I bought it I wanted to be able to use the APP which is where the problems started, I have SKY Q so my SKY boxes are all connected via WPS but I can’t get the BeSMART box to connect through this, the router is only 2 meters away so no low signal strength or anything like that. Then through the APP I can’t get the Smart link to work either. Has anyone used this before and had similar problems and if so how did you resolve them? I’ve tried emailing them yesterday but no response so far.

Thanks

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Hopefully VC can help. From a honeywell installer perspective, I've had trouble with Sky routers in the past. Are you using 5ghz or 2.4ghz? Is the B Smart compatible with 5ghz if you're using it?

Hopefully VC can help. From a honeywell installer perspective, I've had trouble with Sky routers in the past. Are you using 5ghz or 2.4ghz? Is the B Smart compatible with 5ghz if you're using it?

On the router page it is telling me I have two separate channels, one for 5ghz and one for 2.4ghz not sure if that is possible?

Edit: the BeSMART is only compatible with 2.4ghz if I am reading the data sheet correctly.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Just got in. If you’re on Facebook look for the ‘David’s quick start guide to BeSMART.’ On the Vokera BeSMART group. That should get you connected. The full instructions I wrote are also there. I can’t remember if you have to join to download files but if you do I’ll see you have and approve you in the morning.
What boiler do you have? Did you use the black or red wires.
Actually I’ll outline it here in case someone does a search in future.
I’m assuming all wires are connected correctly and the roomstat is controlling the boiler

Mobile device connected to house router wi fi, mobile data off.
Download app and register as new user on front screen.
Open the programme and you’ll be asked for the receiver ID (on box and receiver)
Then go to ‘configure wi fi’
If your SSID is there enter the password but DO NOT press connect.
With a small screwdriver or opened paperclip press the small reseated button on the side of the receiver once.
When green and red lights flash consecutively count three NOW press connect on the mobile device.
After a while the lights will stop, then red, you are connected when both halves of the light are green.
This can take several minutes.

Alternatively of you have WPS on the router start it then press and hold the recessed button for four seconds.
I find the first method most successful with most routers, don’t think I’ve ever had a Sky router to set up.

Last edited:
I remember when people felt cold they got up off the couch and switched the heating on

Just got in. If you’re on Facebook look for the ‘David’s quick start guide to BeSMART.’ On the Vokera BeSMART group. That should get you connected. The full instructions I wrote are also there. I can’t remember if you have to join to download files but if you do I’ll see you have and approve you in the morning.
What boiler do you have? Did you use the black or red wires.
Actually I’ll outline it here in case someone does a search in future.
I’m assuming all wires are connected correctly and the roomstat is controlling the boiler

Mobile device connected to house router wi fi, mobile data off.
Download app and register as new user on front screen.
Open the programme and you’ll be asked for the receiver ID (on box and receiver)
Then go to ‘configure wi fi’
If your SSID is there enter the password but DO NOT press connect.
With a small screwdriver or opened paperclip press the small reseated button on the side of the receiver once.
When green and red lights flash consecutively count three NOW press connect on the mobile device.
After a while the lights will stop, then red, you are connected when both halves of the light are green.
This can take several minutes.

Alternatively of you have WPS on the router start it then press and hold the recessed button for four seconds.
I find the first method most successful with most routers, don’t think I’ve ever had a Sky router to set up.

Hi Vulcancontinental,

I have tried as you have stated above, I have also set up two seperate names for the router, one for 2.4 GHz and one for 5 GHz and I have tried the above again on 2.4 GHz but still to no avail. When I try it through the WPS method it the green light goes out and the Red light flashes fast indicating the WPS signal is being accepted but after a minute or so the Red LED stays on and the green light flashes slowly. Any ideas?

Afraid not, the first method is the one I've found most successful and the second a fallback. The two things I try I've told you, mobile data off, don't touch connect before starting the sequence on the receiver. Can you borrow a less well specced router to see whether it is the Sky dual frequency?

Another tip from general WiFi troubles.... Auto channel switching is also a nightmare. BT and such like seems to think it's the second coming.

Disable it. Download Wi-Fi Analyser to your smartphone (great app I use to find customer's routers to connect myself to their network without asking and subsequently freaking out the customer) and look for the clearest channel in the house. Lock the router to this. Then power off and back on the BeSmart.

This is a common issue with WiFi networks in general, not just Heating controls.

As a matter of routine I check the air waves in case my neighbour's router has joined the same channel as mine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back