Electrical safety paperwork

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A couple of years back I replaced my electric shower with a new one. I am not a qualified electrician and did the work believing it was permissible as I was disconnecting a fixed installation and reconnecting another fixed installation. No alterations to wiring.

Now, as I try to sell my house, I am being asked for all sorts of certification.

Could somebody please tell me whether I have been a bad boy and if so what paperwork do I need?

Thanks in anticipation.

Sponsored Links
A couple of years back I replaced my electric shower with a new one. I am not a qualified electrician and did the work believing it was permissible
It was and is.

Now, as I try to sell my house, I am being asked for all sorts of certification.
Theoretically an electrician would have issued one but you would not.

Could somebody please tell me whether I have been a bad boy and if so what paperwork do I need?
No.
None if you don't have any for the original shower.
You could get an electrician to test the circuit but I don't see why you should.

Tell them if they don't like it you will remove it, terminate the conductors safely or
remove the cable from shower position to the switch if you can and
isolate at the consumer unit

The asking price of the house takes into consideration all such things.

If not, they can have it tested.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back