Electrician has left holes in interior brickwork

If after the work has been completed you wish to continue with your complaint, please provide evidence as to the scope of works ordered such as a contract, estimate or invoice and copies of correspondence between both parties, dated 1/12/12 and 28/3/13 as per your complaints form. Please also clarify whether the property is empty or in use. :)

Did they say exactly what they mean by
after the work has been completed
. Is it when the electrical work has been completed and BEFORE plastering or after plastering. Ask them that question and if it is after plastering then ask if they will ensure in writing that they or the builder pays for all work necessary ( including re-plastering etc ) to correct the errors their registered electrician has made.

Sponsored Links
I was really surprised that even though they haven't used conduit in most internal walls, that they would have at least used it in the kitchen and utility room and for outside lighting (linked to utility).
If it's outside, run along the wall, and grey T&E, then it shouldn't be, and we need pictures! :eek:

Fat lot of use that is then. You can't complain about the work until the job is finished, so you have to plaster up knowing you're going to have to pull it all back off again to sort the wiring out. :rolleyes:

I don't have either of those regs in my book :confused:

I thought that at first, but, if I point out the regs from NICEIC and the other areas that have been done by his moaning minion (whose attitude he is aware of and for which he has apologised), I am sure that he will be fine about it. I don't think he minds doing what the customer wants and I am carefully constructing a list of points about the job for him which I am sure he will take on board. Obviously I am not yer ave custummmerrrrrr......

I was really surprised that even though they haven't used conduit in most internal walls, that they would have at least used it in the kitchen and utility room and for outside lighting (linked to utility).
If it's outside, run along the wall, and grey T&E, then it shouldn't be, and we need pictures! :eek:

we haven't got any on outside walls. However, I suspect that any wiring in the wash house and garage will have conduit (that's my punter word for any encased wiring....) and they haven't been done that. Thanks for reminding me though :)

Sponsored Links
. Is it when the electrical work has been completed and BEFORE plastering or after plastering. Ask them that question and if it is after plastering then ask if they will ensure in writing that they or the builder pays for all work necessary ( including re-plastering etc ) to correct the errors their registered electrician has made.[/quote]

I just e-mailed them to ask. Will let you know if/when I get an answer. :cool:

. Is it when the electrical work has been completed and BEFORE plastering or after plastering.
Well technically, the electrical work won't be complete until after plastering - unless he plans to do second fit before the plasterer has been round.

. Is it when the electrical work has been completed and BEFORE plastering or after plastering.
Well technically, the electrical work won't be complete until after plastering - unless he plans to do second fit before the plasterer has been round.

We are having brush steel sockets and switches so he's doing that after plastering.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back