Electrician seems to have disappeared

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
He has done the first fix. Around 7 sockets for a small extension, 2 light cables and 1 10mm shower cable. The cables are coiled outside the new extension and are meant to run to a new fuse box. The length of the coiled cables is around 30 foot.

He has taken a deposit of £300. Do you guys think he has done £300 worth of work? I might have to get someone else to complete the job. I can’t seem to contact him for a few days.

Sponsored Links
Possibly £300ish.
How many hours/days was he there?

Is/was he the member of a "Part P" scheme - you can contact his scheme admin if you want/need him back.

He 'may' be listed HERE

You COULD have problems getting someone to take on and have responsibility for another's work. If you are going to find another spark, get him in to see the cabling BEFORE plastering/ceilings are done.

When did the electrician say they were coming back? Did you agree a fee?
If they have done first fix and other trades need to come in before the second fix and commission stage, you may not see them until this is complete. As some of the tests cannot be verified until all cables are plastered and covered.
You must contact them, if not at least leave a message informing them that you think they have walked off the job.
If the cable route is still accessible and can be seen, you may get lucky with another electrician taking on the work.

The kitchen has now been plastered. This is when I tried to contact him and I can't get hold of him. Spoke to him the first time and he said, he will come Thursday or Friday, but will call me a day before.
I tried to call him Wednesday to ask him to come Friday as it is convenient for us. But he is not answering the phone or replied to my text.
I think he has another job come up, it is P**ing me off as I need to fit the kitchen once the electrics are done.

Sponsored Links
Possibly £300ish.
How many hours/days was he there?

Is/was he the member of a "Part P" scheme - you can contact his scheme admin if you want/need him back.

He 'may' be listed HERE

You COULD have problems getting someone to take on and have responsibility for another's work. If you are going to find another spark, get him in to see the cabling BEFORE plastering/ceilings are done.

Found him on that link, he has this next to his company NIC EIC.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back