Electricity gone on Dual Fuel cooker installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

We had a dual fuel cooker installed yesterday by an engineer. I confirmed he was gas safe and a trained electrician. I also told him on the phone before he did the job that according to the manual the cooker required a cable that must be 4mm2. He came and installed and it all looked fine.

So I tried to make some toast this morning and the grill worked for a little bit and then switched off. Now no power seems to be coming through to the cooker whatsoever. The red light on the cooker switch does come on.

I checked the cable he had used round the back of the oven and it says 3 X 1.5mm.

The questions I have are:
- Should the cable read 3 X 4mm, or is 3 X 1.5mm okay as it's 4.5 in total?
- What could have happened for the cooker to stop working? Is our cooker likely to have broken?
- If we have problems asking the engineer to come out and sort it, what are the appropriate channels of complaint for this?

Many thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
the 3 x 1.5 probably relates to if the cooker is connected to a 3-phase supply. This is more usual sur le continent.

Get him back to fix it. It is possibly a fault with the cooker.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back