Electricity Off 90mins - Back Boiler Not Working!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

This is a bit of a strange one and has me baffled.

Last Friday EDF Energy swapped our electricity meter for a more modern one. The household electricity was disconnected for 90 minutes while the work was carried out. Since then, our Potterton Housewarmer back boiler hasn't worked!

I've reset the timer in the airing cupboard and usually, when I advance the heating or hot water, red LED illuminate to indicate the heating is working - I don't get any LED illuminating!

At the fire/back boiler in the living room, there's absolutely no evidence of life from the boiler - usually, if I switch the boile on by the switch on the side of the fire, after a short period, a green LED illuminates and the boiler fires up. Now, nothing at all.

I've checked all trips at the distribution board, all are set.

Any ideas where I can look next?

Cheers

john

Sponsored Links
Myson housewarmer (electronic ignition) ???
Turn of the boiler stat ( bottom r/h/s) at bbu this will reset the ignition board. Turn the stat back up and all should be good.

Soz must read hole post b4 offering advice :oops:
Anyway does the pump run ???

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back