electrics to conservatory

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, can you advise me please.

When we moved in this house the electric supply for the conservatory went from the consumer unit in the garage, round the garage wall, exited out of the garage wall and into the garden. The white cable was buried 6 inches underground in a plastic conduit. It continued around the garden under the patio to the conservatory. Being a little worried about this bodge job by the previous owner - I called in an electrican.

Now I am worried about the way he has made good/safe to the above bodge job.

The electrican has taken a spur off the dining room socket, drilled through the kitchen wall to the conservatory wall/socket and joined his grey cable up to the original cables. He has used blue butt connectors to join the cables together ! ? I thought these were used only in the auto trade and would not have thought that these type of connnectors were good enough for this sort of job ? Any ideas appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I assume these are blue butt CRIMP connectors? If so these are fine to join 2.5mm cable. If the join is in the middle of a cable run it should be sleeved over with heat shrink sleeving.

TTC

which look like this:

joint_0005.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back