new conservatory and garage electrical feed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am feeding a new cables to the new conservatory and garage that are about to be finished I have placed two new separate 6mm twin and earth cables for this in anticipation of an electrician to terminate them they have a length of aprox 6 to 8m and are cable clipped to the internal ceiling space between the main consumer unit and the external opening in the walls there is no insulation around them the RCD in the main consumer box will have a 40A breaker on this runs to the 40A switched fuse one for the conservatory which will have four 240v double sockets and a max of six 50v halogen spots and two 5m x1m under-floor heating mats of 300watt each plus a 150 watt wall mounted heater. For the garage there will be two fluorescent 8ft tubes three double sockets and a 30m wired armoured feed to the garden for 15, 240v 60watt wall lights dose any one know if the 6mm twin and earth is up to the job and dose it meet Scottish building regs cheers toprope

Sponsored Links
4 minutes to midnight isn't the best time to be seeking answers to complex question..
I doubt you'll get an answer that isn't tinged by alcohol or fatigue at this time of night..

that's a lot of information all in one pragraph.. can you break it down into anticipated load on each circuit?

is the garage attatched or seperate?

no idea on the scotish building regs, never had to use them..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back