conservatory wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Bit new to this forum so I'll spell it out best as I can.

I have a new conservatory with no power. I have two options, the messy one which is to go through the Kryptonite walls we have and extend the ring main into the conservatory, which is not really what I want to know about.

The other option is on the Consumer unit the previous owner has connected what looks like one normal ring main wire to a 15A RCD, this feeds out of the wall ,around the house and into a weatherproof box, where it turns into 30A armoured cable. This then goes off to the dilapidated Garage and one socket.

Question I have, is this ok? Also if it is ok, can I junction another bit of Armoured cable from the external box into the conservatory and run the power off that?

Would I have to use a 13A FCU where the power goes in. This I suppose would then be ok for a radial circuit of two or three double sockets and 5A FCU to the lights.

Any answers would be greatly appreciated. :eek:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back