conservatory wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am in the process of having a conservatory built and would like to lay wiring before the walls are plastered next week. I plan on laying the cable and then getting an electrician to wire it up. The problem I have is knowing the format to lay the cable.

What I want in there is two double sockets and a remote controlled fan light - so after reading some info on here (thanks guys) was thinking of doing the following

Ring socket --2.5mm t+e--- 13A FSU/FCU---2.5mm t+e--Double spurred socket----2.5mm t+e---Double Spurred socket ---- 5A FSU/FCU ----1.5mm t+e -----Fan light

Is this an OK configuration? Or should I be laying the cable in another configuration?

Sponsored Links
just another quick question on this one - the routing of the cable to the second spur needs to make its way past some french doors - do I need to go over them or is under them ok?

Sorry to sound dumb - just wanting to do the unskilled work myself really.

Cheers

Ask your spark, it's he that can see, and he that you need to please.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back